SAFETY & HYGIENE PROTOCOL
The health and safety of our event attendees, speakers, and sponsors are of the utmost concern and priority for CyberSatGov. We will continue to update this page as the protocols evolve.
We’re Committed to Your Safety
The health and safety of our event attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors are of the utmost concern and priority for CyberSatGov. We will continue to work with the Hyatt and our supporting vendors in order to ensure that we’re following the best safety procedures and protocols. In an effort to maintain the health and well-being of all at our events, we are committed to following the guidelines put in place by the CDC, the U.S. Travel Association and at the city and state levels. We recognize that all events and venues are different, so we will update all participants on specific safety measures before we go onsite.
CyberSatGov COVID-19 Protocols
- Attendees and sponsors are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the event in order to limit onsite registration and contact.
- Attendees are encouraged to check their temperatures before arriving at the event, and if they have a fever, are asked not to attend.
- Attendees that are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19 are asked not to attend.
Hotel Staff and Check-In
- Hotel staff will be required to wear protective masks and gloves while onsite.
- Hotel staff will be required to complete a temperature check prior to beginning their shift.
- Guests are encouraged to use the World of Hyatt mobile app for check in, keyless room access and receiving final bills without contact.
- Guest rooms will be cleaned using ECOLAB SYSTEM and products recommended and approved by CDC that kill novel coronavirus while safe for guests and staff.
- Hotel lobby desks will be equipped with plexiglass/no-contact payment stations.
- High traffic areas (such as handrails, escalators, door knobs, elevator buttons, etc.) will be disinfected by the venue staff every two hours.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the event and common areas.
- Housekeeping, replenishing of linens and in-room dining delivery will be suspended for short term stays.
- All non-essential high-touch items such as Magazines, note pads, pens, etc. will be removed from guest rooms.
- Floor decals and signage have been added in common areas to remind guests of social distancing requirements.
At the Event
- Masks will be required and will be provided for any attendee who needs one.
- Temperature checks will be conducted at entry for all attendees prior to checking in, and if an individual has a fever, the individual will be requested to quarantine in Lake Fairfax B and to seek medical attention from Reston Hospital Center located at 1850 Town Center Pkwy, Reston, VA 20190.
- If an individual displays symptoms of acute respiratory illness or other possible COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival to the venue or becomes sick during a day of the event, the individual will be requested to quarantine in Lake Fairfax B and to seek medical attention from Reston Hospital Center located at 1850 Town Center Pkwy, Reston, VA 20190.
- When possible, public space restroom doors will be propped open to reduce hand to surface contact and have reminders of social distancing protocols.
- Physical badges will not be required, but available for those who want them, and available through the mobile app.
- Registration will be set to allow for proper physical distancing and all staff will be required to wear masks.
- Show Management staff will sanitize the registration desk in between each guest interaction.
- Attendees that come onsite to register will be directed to complete their registration using their mobile device or laptop by Show Management staff.
- Hard copy materials and presentation handouts will be limited and instead will be advertised digitally pre and post-show on the mobile app.
- Table top sponsors are encouraged to bring their own sanitation supplies as they will be responsible for the cleanliness of their booth space.
- Physical distancing/no handshake stickers and signage will available for attendees and tabletop sponsors.
- Conference certificates will not be printed or available onsite and instead provided digitally upon email request to Isabel Burnham.
- Elevators will be limited to a capacity of (4) persons per elevator and are equipped with floor decals and signage to remind guests of social distancing requirements.
- Stairs will be the preferred mode of navigating between the lobby and the event space whenever possible.
In the Session Rooms
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be identified to ease one-way traffic flow.
- Only individuals who have a badge for the event, hotel staff and Show Management will be allowed into the session room.
- Session rooms will be set to allow for proper physical distancing.
- Linen-less tables will be used whenever possible to facilitate frequent cleaning.
- Pens and pads will only be available upon request.
- Candy and communal water service will not be available.
- When possible, meeting room doors will be left open to reduce hand to surface contact.
- The hotel will conduct standard meeting room refreshes and cleaning of high tough point areas in meeting rooms between scheduled sessions.
- The stage will be equipped with 2 sets of stairs, 1 on each side, for speakers to use as dedicated entry/exit points.
- Attendees will submit their questions via the mobile app to be relayed to speakers by Show Management during sessions in place of passed Q&A mics.
- Bottled water will not be pre-placed at the podium and instead handed to every speaker individually upon taking the stage.
- The AV technician will be masked and gloved for the duration of the session and running all presentations from the tech table in the back of the room in place of speakers running their own presentations.
Food & Beverage Service
- Food and beverage services will employ the highest standard of food safety, minimizing self-service options.
- Food and beverage placement will be in areas that facilitate proper physical distancing of 6’ while guests are in line.
To learn more about the Hyatt Regency Reston’s hygiene and safety guidelines, click here.